Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Workbench


My workbench. The actual table is really rad, I found it on the side of the road in the snow, it was all fucked up. Obviously handmade, and not with fancy tools and/or materials, which is exactly the way I like shit. It's been through the ringer and has some serious history, why would you throw something like that out? People just want fancy slicked up yuppie shit, that's why. It has a vice made of two huge blocks of wood on the side, the screw/handle parts are made from an old broom handle and plumbing fixtures. Awesome. All I did was stain the fuck out of it and throw a few screws in the right places to sturdy it up. Little cabinet thing on the left is an old army engineers box, weighs a ton. It had the dude's initials stenciled on it, so I just put mine underneath his and left them there. Also found in the street. People have no respect for karma/history/their elders/patina/etc. One man's trash I guess....

Just got some nice waxed/cloth covered wire from Antique Electronic Supply too, it's on the left there, the green stuff. Comes in different colors too. Very good shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment